Rabu, 26 September 2012

Daily idioms #1


In this chance, I wrote English idioms that I got in my course. I gave the example in the sentence how to use those idioms.

1.  Look can be deceiving = penampilan bisa menipu
*   Don’t believe to strange person, you have to know him well because look can be deceiving.

2.  Bitter pill to swallow = pengalaman buruk
*   I got bitter pill to swallow last year, I hope it never happen this year and forever.

3.  Every cloud has a silver lining = setiap masalah pasti ada jalan keluarnya
*   I know that I must be patient person to face the problem because every cloud has a silver lining.

4.  Save for a rainy day = berhemat
*   Just buy something that you need, you have to save for a rainy day.

5.  Every Jack must have his Jill = setiap orang pasti ketemu jodohnya
*   Don’t worry about your mate, someday you will meet with him, just pray and out of your effort, because every Jack must have his Jill.

That’s all for today. Let’s share our English here. Please, correct me if I wrong.

8 komentar: